NCLEX Forms for Wyoming
RN and LPN Licensure by Examination Application:
- Fee: $190.00. This includes:
- $130.00 application fee
- $60.00 fingerprint and criminal background check fee (this fee is mandatory)
- There is a $5.00 processing fee if paying with a credit card
Fees are payable to WSBN (Wyoming State Board of Nursing). No personal checks are accepted.
Fees are non-refundable
- Applications for the state of Wyoming are submitted in paper. You may fill out the application on the computer, but must, then, print it and mail it in to the Board of Nursing.
- All applicants must provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S.
- Fingerprints and criminal background checks are mandatory.
- Applicants who have committed any acts that are grounds for disciplinary action must provide additional information to the Board.
- Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the NCLEX. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com.
As part of the application process, you must:
- Register with Pearson Vue to take the NCLEX exam. You must do this before sending in the licensure application.
- Submit an official transcript showing the graduation date and the degree obtained. The transcript must bear the school seal and be sent directly from the school to Board of Nursing.
- Make a copy of your social security card AND another form of identification approved for verifying lawful presence in the U.S. These include: driver's license, birth certificate, passport, or other items listed in application (page 5).
- Submit the application form along with the fee and additional supporting documents.
- Fingerprint cards will be sent to you after your application and fees are received. You will need to complete the fingerprint cards ( this may be done at a local law enforcement agency) and return them to the Board of Nursing. This will initiate the process for the required criminal background checks.
Once the application, fee, fingerprints, and supporting documents have been reviewed, the Board will determine if you are eligible to test.
If you are eligible to take the NCLEX, you will receive an authorization to test (ATT) and instructions on scheduling the test.
When passing NCLEX results are received by the board, a license will be issued.
NO paper licenses are mailed to applicants. All licenses, certificates & temporary permits will be available for verification on-line at http://nursing.state.wy.us/.
About Temporary Permits:
Temporary permits for the state of Wyoming are valid for 90 days and non-renewable.
You may obtain a temporary after you have submitted a completed application along with payment and supporting documents including:
- Fingerprint cards
- Official school transcripts or a notarized letter signed by your school's Director of Nursing verifying program completion.
Be sure to check the "temporary permit" box on the application form.
If you need special accommodations for the NCLEX due to disability, you may request them by checking the appropriate box on the application and by submitting the following documents:
- A letter stating the reasons for the accommodation, and which accommodations are requested
- A written report or evaluation from a qualified professional stating a diagnosis and recommended specific accommodations
- A written statement from your nursing instructor explaining any accommodations provided in your nursing school.
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Wyoming Board of Nursing here: https://nursing-online.state.wy.us/