NCLEX Forms for New Jersey
Licensure by Examination Applications:
RN/LPN Online Application : https://newjersey.mylicense.com/eGov/Login.aspx
RN/LPN Paper Application Packet: http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/nursing/nurse_app.pdf
RN/LPN Application Fee: $200.00 ($120.00 license fee + $75.00 application fee + $5.00 surcharge fee)
Fees are non-refundable.
- Application forms for the state of New Jersey may be submitted online or on paper at the links provided above.
- Fingerprints and a criminal background check are required.
- You must provide your Social Security number to the Board. Failure to do so will result in denial of licensure.
- Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the NCLEX. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com.
As part of the application process, you must:
- Register with Pearson Vue to take the NCLEX exam.
- Request an Official Letter of Program Completion. This must be sent directly to the Board of Nursing office from the approved school. It must be signed by the program chair and must be sealed with the official school seal.
- Obtain a 2x2 (passport style) photograph of yourself and sign it. The photograph must be affixed to the application.
- Complete the Certification and Authorization Form for a Criminal History Background Check and send it along with your application to the New Jersey Board of Nursing. Once the Board receives this form, you will receive instructions for the fingerprinting process.
- Have the application form notarized. Take the completed, UNSIGNED application form to a Notary Public. A Notary Public is someone who is licensed to verify the authenticity of a person's signature. DO NOT SIGN your application until you take it to be notarized. The Notary Public has to watch you sign the application.
The Notary Public may charge a fee for his or her services. To find a Notary Public try your bank or the post office. You can also search here: http://www.notaryrotary.com/agent/find_a_notary.asp
- Submit the application for Licensure by Examination along with the fee, photograph, and any supporting documents.
- Once the application, fee, supporting documents, and criminal background report have been received, the Board will determine if you are eligible to test.
- When you have been notified that you are eligible to test, you will receive information about scheduling your examination.
- Once passing test results are reported to the Board of Nursing, a license will be issued. This takes between 3-5 weeks.
About Temporary Permits:
The state of New Jersey does not issue temporary nursing licenses or permits.
If you require special testing accommodations due to disability indicate this by checking the box at the bottom of page 1 of the application. The Board will contact you to request additional documentation..
Need More Information?
Access the site for the New Jersey Board of Nursing here: http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/nursing/