NCLEX Forms for Nebraska
Application for Licensure by Examination
RN/LPN Application Paper Form:
Licensure Application Fee: $123.00 or $30.75 (if applying within 6 months of scheduled license expiration date)
All RN licenses expire on October 31st of an even year no matter when initially licensed.
All LPN licenses expire on October 31st of an odd year no matter when initially licensed.
Fees are payable to payable to: DHHS, Licensure Unit
- Applications for the state of Nebraska must be submitted in paper. You must print out the form, fill it out, and mail it, along with other required documents to:
Department of Health & Human Services
Division of Public Health
P.O. Box 94986
Lincoln Nebraska 68509-4986
- Applicants must be at least 19 years of age and have a valid physical address and daytime phone number.
- Applicants must be lawfully present in the United States.
- If the applicant has any reportable criminal offenses or disciplinary actions, the Board will require additional documentation.
- Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the exam. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com.
To complete the application process you must:
- Obtain a recent, clear, autographed, billfold-size, head and shoulder photograph
- Request official transcripts from your school showing date of graduation and degree conferred. The transcripts should be sent by your nursing school directly to the Nebraska Board of Nursing. Ask your school to indicate your current name if the transcripts are in a different name.
- Submit evidence of age (at least 19 years old). This may be done by submitting copies of a driver's license, birth certificate, marriage license, school transcript, Military ID, or similar documentation.
- Submit the Nebraska Application for Licensure by Examination form along with appropriate fee, photograph, and supporting documents.
Completed applications will be reviewed by the Board. If applicants are determined to be eligible to test, they will receive an authorization to test (ATT) notification from Pearson VUE.
Applicants must take and pass the NCLEX.
When the Board office receives the applicant's passing test results from Pearson VUE, the applicant will be issued a license.
About Temporary Permits
The state of Nebraska only issues temporary permits to previously licensed nurses who are seeking to license by endorsement.
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Nebraska Board of Nursing here: http://dhhs.ne.gov/publichealth/Pages/crl_nursing_nursingindex.aspx