NCLEX Forms for Missouri
Licensure by Examination Applications:
LPN Application Fee: $41.00
RN Application Fee: $45.00
Fingerprinting Fee: $44.80
Fees are non-refundable.
Application forms for the state of Missouri are submitted on paper. The application must be notarized.
The application must also be signed and sealed by your nursing program administrator.
One 2"x2" signed photograph must accompany the application.
Fingerprints and a criminal background check are required.
All applicants must have a valid Social Security Number.
Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the NCLEX. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com.
As part of the application process, you must:
- Register with Pearson Vue to take the NCLEX exam. This should be done about 3 months before graduation.
- Have your fingerprints taken (see instructions below). This will initiate the criminal background check process. Be sure to get a receipt of the transaction.
- Obtain a 2x2 photograph of yourself and sign it.
- Have the application form notarized. Take the completed application form to a Notary Public. A Notary Public is someone who is licensed to verify the authenticity of a person's signature and the legality of documents. DO NOT SIGN your application until you take it to be notarized. The Notary Public has to watch you sign the application.
The Notary Public may charge a fee for his or her services. To find a Notary Public try your bank or the post office. You can also search here: http://www.notaryrotary.com/agent/find_a_notary.asp
- Take the notarized paper application to your school of nursing and have the Nursing Program Director or Dean fill out section VI.
- Request that an official final transcript from your nursing school be forwarded to the Board of Nursing office.
- Submit the paper application for Licensure by Examination along with the fee, photograph, fingerprinting transaction receipt, and any supporting documents.
About the Fingerprinting Process:
To have your fingerprints taken and initiate the criminal background check process you must:
- Go to www.machs.mo.gov and register using the 4 digit registration number 0001.
- Upon completing the registration process you will receive a TCN number. Important: Write down your TCN number.
- Go to the top of the page (www.machs.mo.gov) and select a fingerprint site (note the address and hours of operation). Make an appointment at your selected location.
- Take your TCN number and a valid government-issued ID to the fingerprint location.
- Get your fingerprints taken and request a receipt of the transaction. Submit your receipt with your application.
- Once the application, supporting documents, and criminal background report have been received, the Board will determine if you are eligible to test.
- When you have been notified that you are eligible to test, you may schedule your examination.
- The testing center must offer you an appointment to test within thirty (30) days of your request.
- Once passing test results are reported to the Board of Nursing, licensure is issued within 2 weeks.
About Temporary Permits:
Graduates of nursing programs who have completed ALL degree requirements may practice as graduate nurses (G.N.) for 90 days following graduation or until NCLEX results are received.
If you practice beyond the 90 days, you may be denied the opportunity to test for a permanent license.
If you have any questions, about temporary practice please contact the Board office at (573) 751-0681.
If you require special testing accommodations due to disability you must follow the instructions found here: http://pr.mo.gov/boards/nursing/NursingADAPositionPaper.pdf
You should be aware that your request for special accommodations will require supporting documentation. The request should be initiated as soon as possible.
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Missouri Board of Nursing here: http://www.pr.mo.gov/nursing.asp