NCLEX Forms for Delaware
RN/LPN Application: http://www.dpr.delaware.gov/boards/nursing/documents/Nursing_Exam_Application.pdf
RN/ LPN Application Fee: $124.00
Application Fee with Temporary Permit Request $159.00 ($124.00 + $35.00 for permit)
Application fees are payable to the "State of Delaware."
Criminal Background Check Processing Fee: $69.00 (payable to "Delaware State Police")
Fees are non-refundable.
- Applications for the state of Delaware are submitted on paper. You must print, complete, notarize and mail the application found at the link above.
- Fingerprints and a federal criminal background checks are required of all applicants.
- Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the NCLEX. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com.
As part of the application process, you must:
- Register with Pearson Vue to take the NCLEX exam. You must do this before sending in the licensure application.
- Make a copy of your Driver's License of other state issued ID. This will be used to confirm you are a resident of the state of Delaware. Submit the copy with your application.
- Request that an official transcript showing the graduation date and the degree obtained be sent directly to the Board from you nursing school. An option to requesting a transcript is to request a letter form the nursing program director stating your degree and date you received it. You may also use the Nursing Reference Form included with the application packet. Regardless of which you request, the documents must be sent directly from the school to the Board of Nursing.
- Complete the Authorization for Release of Information Form. Take this form and the $69.00 fee to one of the locations listed on the form. Your fingerprints will be taken and results of your report will be sent to the Board.
- Have the application form notarized. Take the completed, UNSIGNED application to a Notary Public. A Notary Public is someone who is licensed to verify the authenticity of a person's signature. DO NOT SIGN your application until you take it to be notarized. The Notary Public has to watch you sign the application.
The Notary Public may charge a fee for his or her services. To find a Notary Public try your bank or the post office. You can also search here: http://www.notaryrotary.com/agent/find_a_notary.asp
- Submit the completed, signed and notarized application form along with the fee and required supporting documentation.
Once the application, fees, criminal background check results, and supporting documents have been reviewed, the Board will determine if you are eligible to test.
If you are eligible to take the NCLEX, you will receive an authorization to test (ATT) and instructions on scheduling the test.
When passing NCLEX results are received by the board, a license will be issued.
About Temporary Permits:
Temporary permits, which allow nursing graduates to practice as nurses while awaiting NCLEX results are only issued applicants who have an offer of employment.
To obtain the permit, fill out the "Temporary Permit" section on the application and attach an copy of your job offer letter.
The Board office must receive results of the criminal background check before issuing a temporary license.
The temporary permit is valid for 90 days after your graduation and is non-renewable.
Do not forget to submit the temporary permit fee.
If you require special exam accommodations due to disability, contact the Board at:
861 Silver Lake Blvd.
Dover, DE 19904
Phone: (302) 744-4500
Fax: (302) 739-2711
Email: [email protected]
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Delaware Nursing Commission at: http://www.dpr.delaware.gov/boards/nursing/