NCLEX Forms for Connecticut
- Fee: $ 180.00, payable to "Treasurer, State of Connecticut"
- Fee: $150.00, payable to "Treasurer, State of Connecticut."
All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Fees must be paid in the form of a certified bank check or money order (no personal checks are accepted).
Application forms for the state of Connecticut cannot be submitted online. However, once you open the link for the examination application, you can fill out the form on your computer, print it, and mail it in. Do not fill in the "Notarization" section.
If you need to submit supporting documentation (anything other than the application itself) the documentation must be sent directly to the Department of Public Health from the original source. No supporting documentation will be accepted if submitted by the applicant.
Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the exam. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com. Applicants may also register by mailing a registration form to NCLEX Operations, P.O. Box 64950, St. Paul, MN 55164-0950, or by calling (866) 496-2539
Before mailing the application in:
- Register to take the NCLEX. If you submit the application for licensure before registering for the exam, your application process may be delayed.
- Request an official school transcript. The transcript should be sent by your nursing school directly to the Department of Public Health.
- Obtain a recent (less than six months old), passport-size photograph (2x2) and affix (do not staple) it to the top of the application.
- Have the application form notarized. Take the completed application form to a Notary Public. A Notary Public is someone who is licensed to verify the authenticity of a person's signature and the legality of documents. DO NOT SIGN your application until you take it to be notarized. The Notary Public has to watch you sing the application.
The Notary Public may charge a fee for his or her services. To find a Notary Public try your bank or the post office. You can also search here: http://www.notaryrotary.com/agent/find_a_notary.asp
Application, Examination, and Licensing Process
- Once you are registered for the exam and the application, fee, and supporting documentation have been received, the Board of Examiners for Nursing will determine your eligibility to test.
- Applicants who are deemed eligible to test will receive an Authorization To Test (ATT) letter in the mail or through e-mail, directly from the testing service.
- The ATT letter will include information regarding scheduling the examination.
- The testing service will send examination results directly to the Department of Health.
- When passing examination results are received by the Board of Examiners for Nursing, the results will be mailed to you and the license will be issued.
About Temporary Permits
The state of Connecticut only issues temporary permits to nurses who are already licensed in another state and who are seeking to be licensed in Connecticut.
Candidates with Disabilities:
If you require accommodations during the exam, indicate it on the application form (you will need to submit a statement about the type of disability and the kind of accommodations being requested).
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Connecticut Board of Examiners for Nursing here: http://www.ct.gov/dph/cwp/view.asp?a=3143&q=388910