NCLEX Forms for Colorado
RN Application: http://cdn.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=DORA-Reg%2FDORALayout&cid=1251632394651&pagename=CBONWrapper
LPN Application: http://cdn.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=DORA-Reg%2FDORALayout&cid=1251632255794&pagename=CBONWrapper
RN/LPN Application Fee: $88.00
- Application forms for the state of Colorado should be submitted on paper.
- All applicants are required to complete and maintain an online Healthcare Professions Profile on our website at www.dora.colorado.gov/professions/hppp.
- You must provide your Social Security number to the Board. Failure to do so will result in denial of licensure. If you do not have a SSN, you must fill out a Social Security Number Affidavit. The affidavit is available at: www.dora.colorado.gov/professions/nursing
- Applicant must provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S.
- Fingerprints and a criminal background check are NOT required, but complete self-disclosure of any criminal activity or disciplinary action is required.
- Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the NCLEX. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com
As part of the application process, you must:
- Register with Pearson Vue to take the NCLEX exam. You should do this before sending in the licensure application.
- Request an official school transcript. The transcript should be in a sealed envelope and submitted along with the application.
- Submit the completed application along with the fee and all supporting documents to the Board of Nursing.
Once you are registered for the NCLEX and the application, fee, and supporting documentation have been reviewed, the Board will determine your eligibility to test.
Applicants who are deemed eligible to test will receive an Authorization To Test (ATT) notification directly from the testing service. The ATT letter will include information regarding scheduling the examination.
When passing examination results are received by the Board, a license will be issued.
About the Temporary Permit
The state of Colorado does NOT issue temporary nursing licenses or permits.
Candidates with Disabilities:
If you require accommodations during the exam, submit the Exam Accommodations Request Form found here: www.dora.colorado.gov/professions/ADA .
You can also call: (303) 894-7800 to request that a form be mailed to you.
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Colorado Board of Nursing here: www.dora.state.co.us/nursing/