NCLEX Info>>Apply to Test>>
NCLEX Forms for Oklahoma
RN and LPN Licensure by Examination
- Fee: $85.00. This includes:
- There is an additional $3.50 online application fee.
Fees are non-refundable
- Applications for the state of Oklahoma may be submitted online or on paper.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- All applicants must provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S.
- Fingerprints and criminal background checks are mandatory. Any criminal background checks that are more than 90 days old cannot be used.
- Applicants who have committed any acts that are grounds for disciplinary action must provide additional information to the Board.
- Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the NCLEX. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com.
As part of the application process, you must:
- Register with Pearson Vue to take the NCLEX exam. You must do this before sending in the licensure application.
- If you are applying online, you will receive an email confirmation, as well as links to the additional forms that must be submitted to complete your application file. Your application is not complete until these additional forms have been received by the Board office.
- Make an appointment to have your fingerprints taken electronically. Fingerprint cards are only issued to out-of-state applicants.
- Request an official transcript showing the graduation date and the degree obtained. The transcript must bear the school seal and be sent directly from the school to Board of Nursing.
- Attach a signed and dated 2"x2"photograph (DO NOT STAPLE). The photograph must be recent (no more than 2 years old). See application for a detailed description of photograph requirements.
- Complete the Evidence of Status form (pages 15- 17 of application form)
- Submit the application form along with the fee and additional supporting documents.
Go to an Identogo site located within the state to provide electronic fingerprints. Prints are taken by appointment only. To schedule an appointment visit: www.L1enrollment.com or call (877) 219-0197.
Only prints obtained by Identogo will be accepted.
Once the application, fee, fingerprints, and supporting documents have been reviewed, the Board will determine if you are eligible to test.
If you are eligible to take the NCLEX, you will receive an authorization to test (ATT) and instructions on scheduling the test. You have 90 days to complete the test.
When passing NCLEX results are received by the board, a license will be issued.
About Temporary Permits:
Temporary permits for the state of Oklahoma are only issued to nurses seeking licensure by endorsement.
If you need special accommodations for the NCLEX due to disability, follow the instructions here: Request for Special Accommodations
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Oklahoma Board of Nursing here: Oklahoma Board of Nursing