NCLEX Forms for Maine
RN and LPN Licensure by Examination
- RN Application Fee: $75.00
- LPN Application Fee: $50.00
Fees are non-refundable and payable to the Treasurer of State of Maine
- Applications for the state of Maine are submitted on paper.
- Fingerprints and criminal background checks are NOT required. Applicants must self-disclose any criminal convictions.
- Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the NCLEX. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com.
As part of the application process, you must:
- Register with Pearson Vue to take the NCLEX exam. You should do this before sending in the licensure application.
- Request that your nursing school's administrator complete Section III of the application form. Be sure that the school seal is applied. Transcripts are not required for in-state programs.
- Obtain a recent (less than two years old), passport-size photograph (2x2) and affix it to the application
- Have the application form notarized. Take the application form to a Notary Public. A Notary Public is someone who is licensed to verify the authenticity of a person's signature. DO NOT SIGN your application until you take it to be notarized. The Notary Public has to watch you sign the application.
The Notary Public may charge a fee for his or her services. To find a Notary Public try your bank or the post office. You can also search here: http://www.notaryrotary.com/agent/find_a_notary.asp
- Submit the application form along with any supporting documents.
Once the application, fee, and supporting documents have been reviewed, the Board will determine if you are eligible to test.
If you are eligible to take the NCLEX, you will receive an authorization to test (ATT) and instructions on scheduling the test. You have 90 days to complete the test.
When passing NCLEX results are received by the board, a license will be issued.
About Temporary Permits:
Nursing graduates may be hired to work, but not as licensed personnel. Temporary licenses are not issued to new graduates seeking licensure by examination.
Click Here to Practice for the Maine NCLEX!
If you require special testing accommodations due to contact the board at:
Maine State Board of Nursing
161 Capitol St.
158 State House Station
Augusta, Maine , 04333-0158
Phone: (207) 287-1133
Fax: (207) 287-1149
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Maine Board of Nursing here: http://www.maine.gov/boardofnursing/