NCLEX Info>>Apply to Test>>
NCLEX Forms for Indiana
Licensure by Examination Applications:
RN/LPN: Applicant must register here to apply: Indiana Nursing Licensure Application Signup
RN/LPN Application Fee: $50.00
Fees are non-refundable and payable to Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.
- Applications for the state of Indiana are submitted on paper. You must print the application form, fill it out and mail it in.
- Fingerprints and a federal criminal background checks are NOT required.
- Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the NCLEX. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com.
As part of the application process, you must:
- Register with Pearson Vue to take the NCLEX exam. You must do this during the last semester of your nursing program and before sending in the licensure application.
- Take the Certificate of Completion Form (page 3 of the application form) to the Director or Dean of your nursing education program. The Dean must fill out the form, apply the school seal and send it directly to the Board of Nursing
- Obtain a recent photograph of yourself and affix it to page 2 of the application. The photograph must have your signature, the signature of the director of your nursing school, and the school seal across the front.
- Submit the completed and signed application along with the fee to the Board of Nursing.
Note: If the Board requires additional information upon reviewing your application materials, you will be contacted via email. Please make sure that you include a valid email address on your application.
Once the application, fee, and supporting documents have been reviewed, the Board will determine if you are eligible to test.
If you are eligible to take the NCLEX, you will receive an authorization to test (ATT) and instructions on scheduling the test.
When passing NCLEX results are received by the board, a license will be issued.
About Temporary Permits:
Nurses who are applying for licensure by examination are not eligible for a temporary permit.
If you require special testing accommodations because of a disability, you must notify the Board, in writing. You must also submit the following:
- Documentation from your nursing program describing any accommodations provided to you during your education.
- A letter from a licensed health care provider stating your diagnosis and providing copies of supporting test findings and/or evaluations.
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Indiana Board of Nursing at: Indiana Board of Nursing