NCLEX Forms for Hawaii
RN and LPN Licensure by Examination
RN/LPN Application: http://hawaii.gov/dcca/pvl/boards/nursing/application_publications/pvl_nursing_exam.pdf
- RN/LPN Application Fee: $40.00
Fees are non-refundable and payable to “Commerce and Consumer Affairs”
- Applications for the state of Hawaii are submitted on paper.
- All applicants must provide a valid Social Security Number. Applications without a SSN will NOT be processed.
- Fingerprints and criminal background checks are NOT required.
- Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the NCLEX. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com.
As part of the application process, you must:
- Complete the application form, making sure to fill in all necessary information.
- Request that your school send an official transcript directly to the Board of Nursing OR request that the school send a letter directly to the Board confirming that you successfully completed the program. The letter will allow you to sit for the exam, but a final, official transcript must be received before licensure can be obtained.
- Submit the application form along with the fee and all needed supporting documents.
- Register with Pearson Vue to take the NCLEX exam. You should do this after sending in the licensure application.
Once the complete application has been received, the Board will determine if you are eligible to test.
If you are eligible to take the NCLEX, you can proceed with the exam registration at Pearson Vue.
When passing NCLEX results are received by the board, a license will be issued.
About Temporary Permits
Temporary permits are only issued to nurses seeking licensure through endorsement.
Click Here to Practice for the Hawaii NCLEX!
If you require special testing accommodations due to disability you must contact the Examination Branch at (808) 586-2711 immediately. The Board will determine whether you qualify to have special exam accommodations.
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Hawaii Board of Nursing here: http://hawaii.gov/dcca/pvl/boards/nursing/