NCLEX Forms for Georgia
RN and LPN Online Application: https://secure.sos.state.ga.us/mylicense/Login.aspx?process=app
Paper applications may be accessed here: http://sos.georgia.gov/cgi-bin/plbforms.asp?board=38
Application Fee: $40.00
Fees are non-refundable.
Applications for Licensure by Examination for the state of Georgia should be submitted online at the link given above. Paper applications are still accepted.
IF MAILING PAPER APPLICATIONS, USE A 9X12 ENVELOPE. DO NOT STAPLE OR FOLD APPLICATION.
All Applicants are required to have a valid physical address and to provide their Social Security Number.
Fingerprints and a criminal background check are required. The criminal background check must be completed before a license can be issued.
Supporting documentation that must be sent to the Board includes:
- The Nurse Administrator Certification form
- Criminal background check consent
- Notarized Affidavit of Citizenship
- Secure and Verifiable Documentation (SVD) of citizenship
Submitting the application for licensure by examination does NOT register you for the NCLEX. Applicants must register and pay separately for the exam by going to: www.pearsonvue.com.
As part of the application process, you must:
- Register with Pearson Vue to take the NCLEX exam. This should be done at the same time you complete the licensure application. If you have not registered with Pearson Vue before your application is reviewed by board staff, your eligibility to test will be delayed. Make sure you enter the correct school code for your educational program. Do not leave this field blank.
- Make copies of your Secure and Verifiable Documentation (SVD). Examples of secure and verifiable documents are driver's license, U.S. passport, or green card. The Affidavit of Citizenship and SVD may be submitted via e-mail at email@example.com or by fax: 478-314-9746
- Have your fingerprints taken (see instructions below). This will initiate the criminal background check process.
- Request an official (sealed) transcript that includes your graduation date and the degree conferred from an approved nursing program.
- Have the Nurse Administrator of your nursing school sign the certification form (item 17 in the paper application).
- Submit the licensing application including the fee and any required supporting documents.
About the Fingerprinting Process:
Go to www.cogentid.com and select Georgia/GAPS. GAPS stands for Georgia Applicant Processing Services.
Locate the "Registration" menu and click on "Single Applicant Registrations".
- Fill out all the required fields
- Towards the end of the registration form you will be asked for a ORI/OAC number and a verification code. Enter GA922931Z in the ORI/OAC field. Enter 922931Z in the verification field.
- Do NOT check the box for "Does another agency make the fitness determination". Continue on to the next page.
- When you complete the form you will be given a registration ID number. Take this ID number with you to the GAPS location nearest you. It will be needed to get your fingerprints.
- Once the application, supporting documents, and criminal background report have been received, the Board will determine if you are eligible to test.
- When you will receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) notice, you may schedule your examination with Pearson Vue.
- Once passing test results are reported to the Board of Nursing, a license will be issued.
About Temporary Permits:
NO temporary permits are issued for graduates. Graduate Nurse status is no longer available. Graduates must not engage in any activities that require licensure, including work orientation.
If you require special testing accommodations due to disability, complete the form found here:http://sos.georgia.gov/acrobat/PLB/38%20Request%20for%20Disability%20Accommodations%20Form.pdf
The form should be submitted at least 40 days prior to the examination.
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Georgia Board of Nursing here: http://sos.georgia.gov/plb/rn/
Click Here to Practice for the Georgia NCLEX!