NCLEX Info>>Apply to Test>>
NCLEX Forms for Alaska
Application for Registered Nurse by Examination
Online: RN and LPN (You must have a myAlaska account) Online Application for Nursing License
RN Paper Application: RN Application Form
PN Paper Application: LPN Application Form
- Fee: $375.00. This fee covers the following:
- Application Fee: $100.00 (non-refundable)
- License Fee: $200.00
- Fingerprint Processing Fee: $75.00
- Temporary Permit Request: No Extra Charge
Fees may be refundable before license or permit is issued.
Application forms for the state of Alaska can be submitted online or by mail.
- Request verification that you completed a nursing program. This verification should be sent by your school directly to the Board of Nursing.
- Request an official school transcript. The transcript should be sent by your nursing school directly to the Board of Nursing.
- Obtain a recent (less than six months old), original, passport photograph(2x2).
- Complete a fingerprint card. Only the FD-258 fingerprint card is accepted. This card can be obtained at any business or law enforcement office that provides fingerprinting services. The fingerprint card will be used to check if you have a criminal record. If you want the Board of Nursing to send you a fingerprint card you can request it at this link: FingerPrint Card Request.
- Have the application form notarized. Take the completed application form and all accompanying documents to a Notary Public. A Notary Public is someone who is licensed to verify the authenticity of a person's signature and the legality of documents. DO NOT SIGN your application until you take it to be notarized. The Notary Public has to watch you sign the application.
The Notary Public may charge a fee for his or her services. To find a Notary Public try your bank or the post office. You can also search here: http://www.notaryrotary.com/agent/find_a_notary.asp
About the Temporary Permit
Both RN and LPN applicants may request a temporary permit. A temporary permit allows you to practice nursing until the results of the NCLEX are available. The permit is non-renewable and valid for only six months. Persons who have failed an NCLEX examination, or who failed to appear to take an NCLEX examination are not eligible to receive a temporary permit.
Candidates with Disabilities:
If you require accommodations during the exam, submit the Application for Examination Accommodation for Candidates with Disabilities form found here: Application for Candidates with Disabilities
Need More Information?
Access the site for the Alaska Board of Nursing here: Alaska Board of Nursing